Workshop of Theses and Dissertations (WTD)
Call for Workshop of Theses and Dissertations
The Workshop of Theses and Dissertations (WTD) aims at motivating discussions about the graduate-level research on topics covered by SIBGRAPI among graduate students, recently graduated students and senior researchers. Researchers who have recently concluded their graduate studies are cordially invited to submit a paper to the SIBGRAPI WTD.
Who Can Submit?
Students who defended their M.Sc or Ph.D. after 01/01/2019 and did not present their final work in previous editions of the SIBGRAPI WTD.
The WTD program committee will evaluate the submitted works with respect to the following criteria: originality, technical quality, contribution to the research area, and clarity of presentation.
Best Work Awards
Awards for the best Ph.D. and M.Sc. works will be given based on the scores of the papers (submission system) and the opinion of a small committee that will evaluate the posters. To be eligible for an award, the student must present the paper in the WTD poster session. Ph.D. works must be presented in English. M.Sc. works may be presented in English or Portuguese, but English is preferable.
Both M.Sc. and Ph.D. works must be written in English. The text should follow the SIBGRAPI formatting guidelines with the following adjustments:
● The submission process is not blind, i.e., the name of the authors should not be omitted. Students must appear as the first author and the advisor as the last author, with eventual co-advisors and other collaborators in the middle.
● The articles are limited to 6 double-column pages. An extra page can be used only for references.
● The text should indicate, by a footnote on the first page linked to the name of the first author, whether the work relates to an M.Sc. dissertation or a Ph.D. thesis.
● Awards, patents, publications or possible distinctions achieved as a result of the M.Sc. dissertation or the Ph.D. thesis should be listed in the last section of the paper.
Papers should be submitted through the CMT system together with their respective M.Sc. dissertation or Ph.D. thesis in PDF file format (accepted works must submit a camera-ready paper as well).
● SUBMISSION: (1) article, and (2) M.Sc. dissertation or Ph.D. thesis, in PDF file format.
● ACCEPTED WORKS: camera-ready paper.
No-Show and No-Registration Policy
Nivan Roberto Ferreira Junior (UFPE)
Deadlines for WTD Papers
Submission deadline: July 7, 2020 Submission deadline: July 14, 2020 Notification of acceptance: August 14, 2020 Camera-ready due: August 29, 2020
- Submission deadline: July 17, 2020
- Submission editing deadline: July 19, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: August 17, 2020
- Camera-ready due: August 29, 2020
©2020 by SIBGRAPI
Sponsored by the Brazilian Computer Society